Frequently Asked Questions
To expand or contract the answer to each question, click the question in which you're interested. If you're unable to see the answers by clicking on the question, click here.
Cross Valley Water District bills on a bi-monthly schedule. Billing cycles run Jan-Feb, Mar-Apr, May-Jun, Jul-Aug, Sept-Oct, and Nov-Dec. Customers should expect their bills to arrive on or before the 10th of each odd month. Bills are due and payable by the 10th of each even month.
The District accepts cash, checks, money orders, cashiers checks, debit cards with a Visa or Master Card logo, American Express. We also accept payment originating from your banks online bill pay. (A convenience fee will be incurred for all debit/credit card payments).
Yes. We do have Autopay that is automatically deducted from the checking/savings account of your choice. Forms are available in our office or on our website.
You may pay your bill at Using your 6 digits invoice # (located under the barcode on your bill) you may access your current bill (a convenience fee will be charge for this service). To pay by phone, call 1-866-585-7861 and you will need to know the amount of your bill and your account number (there is a convenience fee for this service as well). There is no fee if you do a quick check on either the website or the phone.
You may view your bill at You will need a PIN # to access your account. Please email our customer service department to obtain your pin number. We can only send it by e-mail or mail.
Our office is located in the Clearview area, between Hwy 9 and Broadway
8802 180th St SE,
Snohomish, WA 98296-4804
Office hours: M, Tu, Th, F 8:30 PM to 5:00 PM Wed 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Unfortunately, due to our rural location a drop box is not available at this time.
Yes. By emailing us and requesting your bill by email, we will set you up for this service. You may also choose to receive you bill by both email and/or hard copy.
Please remit your payment to:
Cross Valley Water District
PO Box 84006
Seattle WA 98124-8406

When mailing your payment, please include your payment stub with your check. If you do not have the payment stub, please indicate your account number on the check so it will be credited to the correct account. If you include more than one account on your check please include your payment stub, or account numbers and amounts to each account if you do not have the stubs.
Cross Valley Water District policy states that the property owner must receive the bill, keeping him or her apprised. We have Duplicate Billing that can be set up for your income property. Forms are available in our office or by calling our customer service representatives or our website.
This may be an indication you have a leak. To check for a leak, be sure the water is off in the house, then locate your meter and look to see if the dial is moving. If your dial is spinning then water is on the move. (For meter location, call our office). We do offer a leakage credit program for those who qualify. Call our customer service representatives before you cover your repair for the details. Be sure to check the toilets! Toilets are a big water consumer (a running toilet can use hundreds of gallons of water per day).
Your meter can be shut off by using a crescent wrench and screwdriver. Secure the crescent wrench on the nub that is vertically aligned below the dial, using the screwdriver for leverage turn clockwise. The nub should be horizontal and your water should be off.
Contact us at 360-668-6766 or e-by mail before you sell your home. It is customary that your Escrow Company will request an estimated amount for the final bill. However if Escrow overpays your final bill we need to be able to refund that overpayment to you. Giving us your forwarding information will help us accomplish that. Landlords: We do not do final bills for renters.
Contact us at 360-668-6766 when you purchase your home. It is important for us to get your information as well as share our billing rates, billing schedule, and other important things you need to know. We want to greet you personally and welcome you to our district. There is a $30.00 for setting up a new account.
You can change you billing address using our name/address change form on our website, in our office. All changes must be received in writing, which can be either emailed or mailed to us.
Washington State Law provides that water and sewer charges are liens on the property that received water and sewer service. If the previous owner does not pay, then the balance is transferred to the new buyer.
The first notice is the customer's bill showing a past due balance. Next, the customer will receive a Service Termination Notice giving 10 days from date of letter to pay the balance in full. If the payment is not made within 10 days, then our crew will begin Service Termination and the customer will incur an additional charge, which must be paid with the full amount, before service will be reinstated. There is also a reactivation charge. Payment arrangements may be available if you come into our office and sign an arrangement form before the 10th day from the date on the letter. This is done on a case by case basis only. Call and talk with our customer service representative.
One cubic foot of water equals 7.48 gallons of water.

© Cross Valley Water District
All Rights Reserved