District Adjustment Process


The Cross Valley Water District has a policy that may provide relief for customers that have a leak that occurred in their service line. Qualifying leaks are in the service line or was otherwise undetectable to the customer and promptly repaired. A leakage credit can only be granted once every 4 years on an account and the request must be made by the property owner. The credit will be calculated using the formula established by District policy, see CVWDC 9.05.360. This credit is a partial credit and will not reduce your bill back to its normal amount. 

It is important to note your bill is still due on the due date and subject to delinquency charges if not paid.

We do not reimburse customers for any parts they may have purchased or any plumbing/repair bills which they have incurred. The leak must be repaired and verified by a Cross Valley Water District employee before this request will be considered.


  1. Please call the office when you are ready to have our personnel verify that the 24 hour continuous consumption has stopped.  
  2. After the District has completed the verification, a letter and the Leakage Credit Adjustment Form will be mailed to the property owner.   
  3. Keep receipts of any items you purchased to make the repair. This also applies if you hired a plumber or contractor.  
  4. Compile a document stating the circumstances of the leak and repair. (When/how you discovered the leak, how it was repaired) 
  5. Any Pictures you may have taken at the time of the leak will be helpful.
  6. Complete the Leakage Credit Adjustment Request Form that was mailed to you. Choose a billing period/Date for your credit to be applied to. Typically the billing period the leak occurred in.  
  7. Return all information to be submitted to the office.