Fire Hydrant Meter
The District will issue a fire hydrant meter within the service area for temporary connections for the purposes of development, demolition, landscaping activities or related purposes, provided the need for such service is demonstrated to the District. Only the District’s meter will be authorized and a backflow prevention device by current regulations will be supplied by the requestor connecting to the fire hydrant.
Fire hydrant meters are allowed for a maximum of 60 days. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis by Cross Valley Water District for a District project or an approved Developer Extension project that will last more than 60 days. The project shall have an estimated completion date.
- $1,200.00 Refundable Deposit
- $100.00 Permit Fee up to 60 days
- $9.00 per day (Days 2 – 60)
- Consumption charged at the highest current rate per 100 cubic feet.
Any illegal connection to a Cross Valley Water District hydrant will result in a charge of at least $750 plus any other costs resulting from the unauthorized usage.
- Requires 2 business days’ notice.
- Completed Fire Hydrant Meter Use Agreement and deposit paid prior to the requested rental day.
- District personnel shall install and remove the meter to ensure the hydrant and meter operate correctly. Meter will be installed no earlier than 9am of the day requested and removed by 2:30pm that day.
- All vehicles and vessels are subject to inspection the first time the hydrant meter is used and anytime thereafter at the District’s discretion.
- The meter is read when installed and read when removed for an accurate amount of reported usage is billed.
- The requestor shall not move or remove the hydrant meter or operate the fire hydrant.
- The requestor shall provide support under the meter, backflow and valve.
- Any and all damages, including freezing, to the meter or hydrant shall be billed to the requestor, up to the full replacement cost and staff time.
- Cancellation shall be made 24 hours in advance. If the meter is installed, the permit fee shall be charged.
- Unauthorized connection to a fire hydrant shall be charged a minimum of $750.00.
- The District shall create a bill upon the return of the meter.
- The refundable deposit shall be returned after the meter is removed and the bill has been paid in full.
Office hours are 7:30am to 4:00pm Mon- Fri Phone number: 360-668-6766 (24 hours).